Honeymoon: Day 2

After a crazy hectic week Mr. Boo and I were able to finally relax! I don’t think I slept so much the whole time we’ve known each other.  

Today is exactly 2 years since our first date. Back then I never thought that we would be married 2 years later! 

Today we planned to go to Old Tucson before it got smoldering hot. We were up by 8:30 and out the door by 10. When we got to Old Tucson it was around 11 and the town is closed during the week days of October for their nightly Halloween show.  



We got some pretty cute touristy pictures though. For those of you who don’t know what Old Tucson is, it is a movie set that was built to look like an old western movie. A majority of John Wayne movies including 3:10 to Yuma, a bulk of Clint Eastwood movies and many scenes from classic westerns were filmed there. 

Not being on a time limit allows for a more relaxed and flexible day. We moseyed on over to the Desert Museum, which was only a few minutes away.  For being a last minute decision it turned out pretty cool! 

 We got to see so many cool animals, insects, amphibians and flowers.    (A barn owl) 

 (The American back bear… Very hard to see)  

 (Prairie dogs… Similar to rock chucks)  

 (my favorite The bighorn)  

 We got to go into some caves, see different types of rocks and different types of cacti.  

 4 hours in we still hadn’t seen everything they had open, but we decided we were tired and hungry and so we headed back home.   

I am from Battle Ground, it rains. Cacti don’t grow other than measly house plants. So seeing this many cacti in one place is like going into the forest.   

    Of course when you’re in a state that has Inn N Out, you stop at least one time.   

  (Isn’t it funny how your spouses food always looks better than you) 

  Yum. I haven’t had Inn N Out for almost 5 years, it was totally worth it! 

Mr. Boo and I came back to Grandma Merrills house and we did some swimming before we went on a drive in the neighbors golf cart.  

 As the sun sets, the wild life comes out. It was such an incredible sight watching the sun set along the mountains and all the beautiful homes lining the path. Mr. Boo has been talking all day about these Prickley Pear candies that we absolutely had to get. We came across the actual fruit.     

     (Excuse the next couple pictures, my flash broke earlier today) 

As we pulled around a corner we saw a herd of mule deer. There were 9 very humanized doe’s standing there, we were about 10 feet away from them. That’s the closest I have been to a deer in the wild ( not in a zoo). 

I promised you pictures of our new addition. Here they are! 



  She still doesn’t have a name but Audrey is in the running. What do you think? -xoxo